Grants and Partnerships
Friends of Malawi partners with organizations that faciliate community-based, sustainable efforts to improve educational, health and economic opportunities in Malawi. FOM is proud to support these organizations by providing small grants to finance their efforts. Each of these organizations has projects or programs that are based in Malawi and are designed and managed by Malawians or Peace Corps volunteers.
We select programs based on the following criteria:
· Integrate leadership from the local community.
· Serve a critical need in health, housing, education or economic development.
· Have a clear work plan and processes for executing project.
· Have a sound organizational and financial structure.
· Use local and sustainable practices and resources.
After project completion, we expect recipients to provide short and detailed descriptions explaining how funds were used, project outcomes, and lessons learned, including pictures and/or videos of project progress and impact. We need to know how many people were directly and indirectly impacted, how they were impacted, and what best practices made the project sustainable.